Note: This vacancy is now closed.
- Excellent salary and benefits package
Note: this role can be based at any of our UK offices – Chester, Guildford, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Nottingham or York.
With more than 10,000 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm, servicing clients across five continents. GHD’s core service sectors include water, energy & resources, environment, property & buildings and transportation, and our people share a passion for successful project delivery, innovative consultancy and exceptional results.
About the Position
Our energy systems are changing, and this change will need to accelerate if national and international decarbonisation goals are to be met. One exciting element of the ‘Future Energy’ landscape is the potential for hydrogen to become an important energy vector in a net zero energy system.
GHD is an active participant in the hydrogen sector in many parts of the world, including Australia, North America and in the Europe & Middle East region.
In this context, and as part of our rapidly growing global Future Energy initiative, we are seeking a leader in the UK with an established position within the hydrogen landscape to lead the further growth of our activities in the hydrogen economy in the UK, and to contribute to our hydrogen-related activities globally.
We are looking for candidates with skills and experience including;
- Professional qualification in an engineering or other relevant discipline.
- An established and experienced leader with knowledge of the hydrogen sector in the UK.
- Already involved in industry and research activities in the hydrogen economy, with an established network in this sector and experience of winning new business.
- Detailed knowledge of at least one specific aspect of hydrogen as an energy vector, which could be related to specific technology, or engineering aspects, or economic analysis.
- Extensive experience in the leadership and management of consultancy teams and business (preferred).
- Drive, energy and ambition to grow the business.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.