Our client is a long established and award winning consulting engineering company. Owned by the employees, it is renowned for technical excellence and operates throughout the UK and internationally across a range of core sectors including Marine projects.
This role, leading a team of design engineers and BIM technicians, will be involved at all stages from securing new business; overseeing (and being “hands on” with) delivery of designs; building customer relationships and training and mentoring graduates, apprentices and engineers.
Typical projects include dockyard capital works; coastal protection and inland waterway schemes for a wide range of private and public sector clients. Projects are throughout the UK and your base office location can be flexible – ideally in SE England or Manchester.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A relevant degree – civil or structural engineering.
- Minimum 10 years post graduate design experience which includes a significant proportion of marine related projects.
- Extensive client facing experience and proven ability to build strong client relationships.
- Design and build project experience.
- Experience of leading a team as a line manager and training and developing the capabilities of others.
The overall emphasis of the company is technical excellence; working together as a single team across offices and sectors; and developing of graduates/apprentices into excellent engineers. It may well appeal to candidates finding themselves becoming increasingly remote from technical work as financial/utilisation targets are prioritised. This business will enable you to focus on technical excellence and still progress to the top.
To respond, please send a full CV to Chris Cheetham at email@example.com quoting reference number LI/2204ADMP.
If you would like a preliminary discussion about the role please call Chris Cheetham on 01270 618330.