Note: This vacancy is now closed.
- Excellent salary and benefits package
Established in 1988 and based in Cardiff, Burroughs is a privately owned engineering and project management consultancy. Customers include public sector bodies, private developers and contractors and mostly work is infrastructure related. This includes highway, airport, water, industrial, commercial property and rail projects. Recent growth has included data centre design work and Burroughs successfully secured a series of framework positions recently. See www.burroughs.co.uk for more details.
The business has grown significantly over the past five years and won recognition for our performance with a number of awards including being shortlisted for the UK wide ACE ‘Best UK Consultancy’ (small and medium) in 2021.
Any consultancy business is only as good as the people within the business and Burroughs has championed the employment, training and progression of apprentices and graduates.
To support continued growth, we are seeking an Associate Director. The role will work across a wide range of projects with involvement from identifying work through bids and project delivery. We are looking for experience and skills including;
- Winning new business – utilising existing personal and company contacts to lead bids and secure new business.
- Client relationship management to secure additional ‘add on’ work.
- Leading project delivery – this is a ‘hands on’ role carrying out design and having an overview of others work.
- Relevant degree and chartered status, MICE or MIStructE.
- Minimum of 10 years structural design experience.
- Broad range of experience across infrastructure and building projects (emphasis on infrastructure).
- Experience in leading teams, coaching and developing people.
- Experience of generating work including bids/framework bids.
- Enthusiasm, drive and energy to want to be involved in the future strategy of the business.
Why join Burroughs?
- It’s a successful, privately owned SME (38 employees) with a solid foundation of customers and track record of success.
- It is large enough to compete with major players in the South Wales market yet small enough for your voice to be heard and be involved in the business strategy.
- The business is growing steadily and so there is headroom for personal growth and progression.
- It is a positive ‘can do’ culture; flexible and family friendly.
For more information please speak to our retained advisor Chris Cheetham at Cheetham Hall on 01270 618330 or send your CV to him at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LI/2201ADSD.